Ingen is a modular audio processing system for Jack and LV2 based systems.
Ingen is built around LV2 technology and a strict separation of engine from user interface. The engine is controlled exclusively through a protocol, and can execute as a headless process, with an in-process GUI, or as an LV2 plugin. The GUI can run as a program which communicates over a Unix or TCP/IP socket, or as an embeddable LV2 GUI which communicates via LV2 ports.
Any saved Ingen graph can be loaded as an LV2 plugin on any system where Ingen is installed. This allows users to visually develop custom plugins for use in other applications without programming.
Ingen is currently only available in git.
See the Ingen wiki page for user oriented information.
- Ontology - Definition of Ingen classes and properties used in save files and in the protocol
- Protocol - Documentation of the protocol used for controlling Ingen remotely or as an LV2 plugin
- API Reference - Internal API reference
- Flattr Ingen
- Discussion list (info page)
- Report issue
- Chat in #ingen on irc.libera.chat